Information Systems Technician (Graduate)
Location: FTV PIL, Glenrothes, UK
Hours of Work:Full-time: 37 hours (some flexibility required)
Salary & Benefits:£Competitive + excellent benefits package
We have an exciting opportunity for an Information Systems Technician to join our team and learn new skills and experience whilst enhancing those already attained. The role demands accuracy, diligence, resilience and would suit a self-motivated individual.
FTV Proclad International Limited is a worldwide market and technological leader in the protective weld cladding of pipeline components.
A market competitive wage will be offered depending on experience. Benefits of employment include 33 days holiday per year on a pro-rata basis (including public holidays), company health insurance, an employer pension contribution of 5% of salary and life assurance.
Outline of Role and Responsibilities
The main purpose of the role is to develop and support the IT Facilities & Services within the organisation’s headquarters and external sites.
You will be based at FTV Proclad International Ltd in Glenrothes, Fife and have the following responsibilities:
Key Duties and Responsibilities
Resolve problems reported to IT department regarding the malfunction of IT Facilities & Services, including visits to remote sites as required:
- Carry out installations and upgrades to IT Facilities & Services
- To assist the IT Manager with overseeing work carried out by external contractors
- To insure housekeeping tasks are completed including checking server backups
- Apply regular anti-virus upgrades to all servers
- Check server event logs, assess any issues arising and advise the IT Manager of any abnormal occurrences
- To carry out an agreed preventative maintenance programme, highlighting problem areas and recommending solutions
- Carry out approved changes to IT Facilities & Services security systems
- To provide technical advice to all IT colleagues
- To provide advice and guidance to users of IT Facilities & Services, including package software in use
- Network Infrastructure
- Microsoft Windows Server 2008/2012
- Microsoft Hyper-V
- Microsoft Active Directory
- Microsoft Exchange 2013
- Microsoft SQL Server 2008/2012
- Microsoft Terminal Services
- Microsoft Office products
- Microsoft Group Policy/WSUS/Print Server
- Windows 7/10 Operating Systems
- Sophos Anti-Virus
- Fortinet Firewall/VPN
- VMware vSphere
- Crystal Reports
- Domain name registration, transfer and hosting configuration
- Email delivery technologies – MX records, email routing and SMTP delivery
- Full UK driver’s license is essential
To delivery services effectively, a degree of flexibility is needed and the post holder may be required to perform work not specifically referred to above.
If you wish to apply for this position or know someone who would, please send your CV and any other additional information to HR via email to email@example.com
Due to the high volume of applicants, we may not be able to contact every applicant to advise that they have been unsuccessful. If you have not been contacted within four weeks of your application, you may assume that you have not been shortlisted for this role.
Your data within your CV will be dealt with in accordance with our Recruitment Privacy Notice.
The company will not support the sponsorship of any applicant for a UK Tier II visa. If you do not have the right to work in the UK, you should not apply for this role.
This is a direct applicant role, Recruitment Agencies need not contact us regarding this role.