Location: Livingston, UK
Job Title: Dimensional Inspector
Division: Proclad International Forging Limited
Hours of Work: Full-time 37 Hour Week
Salary & Benefits: £Competitive + excellent benefits package
We have an exciting opportunity for a Dimensional Inspector to join our team and learn new skills and experience whilst enhancing and developing the role. The role demands accuracy, diligence, resilience and attention to detail, and would suit a self-motivated individual.
Proclad International Forging Limited is pipe fitting manufacturer supplying Oil & Gas, Petrochemical and fluid processing OEM’s within the UK and worldwide.
We are currently looking to recruit a Dimensional Inspector to join our team here in Livingston. A market competitive wage will be offered depending on experience. Benefits of employment include 27 days holiday per year on a pro-rata basis (including public holidays), an employer pension contribution of 5% of salary and life assurance.
Outline of Role and Responsibilities
- Verification, by means of visual and dimensional inspection of products ensuring full compliance with purchase order and works order requirements, drawings and specifications.
- Create shop drawings for marking off and verification of dimensions and suitability for release to client or further in-house processing.
- Assist the Quality/Engineering department in the manufacturability review of all drawings with regards to the inspection activity required to ensure productions are verified in accordance with customer requirements and specifications.
- Report any non-conformances, product or process, in a timely manner to the QA department. Perform in process inspection during manufacture when required.
- Maintain and control the calibration of all internal inspection equipment, report any damaged or misused equipment to the QA Department.
- Working as part of a small multitasking flexible team, completing duties such as stamping, marking, packing etc as required, or any other ad-hoc duties within your skill set to assist in meeting the needs of the customer and the business.
- Ensure all inspection areas are maintained in a safe and tidy condition.
- Work in collaboration with other departments to ensure the business objectives are achieved.
- Comply with all company policies and procedures.
- All aspects of administration required within the role.
Education/Experience - The ideal candidate will possess:
- Completion of a recognised engineering apprenticeship or employed as a QC / Dimensional Inspector demonstrating ability to carry out the role.
- Experience in a medium to heavy Engineering environment. (preferably Oil and Gas )
- Experience and knowledge of using manual inspection equipment. (verniers, square sets, etc )
- A good working knowledge of geometry, trigonometry and the interpretation of engineering drawings. A working knowledge of machining techniques would be an advantage
- A good working knowledge of Microsoft Office would be an advantage (Excel, Word etc.)
- Ability to work as part of a team and on own initiative, and be a good decision maker.
- Ability to communicate and manage external inspectors and customers in a reasoned and professional manner.
- Must be flexible and wherever possible, and when required, to work a reasonable amount of overtime, or alternative shift pattern.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
If you wish to apply for this position or know someone who would, please send your CV and any other additional information to HR via email to email@example.com.
Due to the high volume of applicants, we may not be able to contact every applicant to advise that they have been unsuccessful. If you have not been contacted within four weeks of your application, you may assume that you have not been shortlisted for this role.
Your data within your CV will be dealt with in accordance with our Recruitment Privacy Notice.
The company will not support the sponsorship of any applicant for a UK Tier II visa. If you do not have the right to work in the UK, you should not apply for this role.
This is a direct applicant role, Recruitment Agencies need not contact us regarding this role.